Prepare for your visit
Please plan approximately 60 minutes for your initial visit to New England Spine Institute, PC. There are essentially 6 components to the visit.
What to bring:
Your insurance card (if applicable)
Any diagnostic imaging studies (we prefer to see the actual pictures, rather than just the report)
A referral (only if required by your insurance company - which is quite rare.)
1. Registration - you may download all of our registration forms in order to save some time in the office. Click here to download, print and complete the forms on paper , otherwise, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the paper forms in our office.
2. History - After you complete the initial registration process, we will begin to discuss your health concerns and past medical history.
3. Physical examination will be completed, which has two primary components: (1) neurological and orthopedic examinations to determine a clinical diagnosis and. (2) assessment of your posture, muscle function, flexibility and spinal joint function. If any additional tests, such as diagnostic imaging is indicated, we will refer you to a local facility for the study.
4. Treatment Planning - The details of your diagnosis will be presented and discussed. We are open to any questions that you have and various treatment options will be presented.
5. Treatment - Treatments in our office may include stretches, exercises, therapy modalities (electrical muscle stimulation, TENS, ultrasound), soft tissue relaxation techniques and spinal manipulation/adjustments (See "Rx Procedures").
6. Home Instructions - Helping you to restore your optimal health is our foremost objective. This requires a partnership between our patients and us. We will make recommendations for self-care, which are of the utmost importance.